Many have these tools but either doesn’t know how to use them or combine the other aspects in place to find the best product.
The most tedious part is the supplier research and doing calculations.
And, the things you need to focus on the most are DEMAND & PROFITABILITY.
The profitability aspect is especially difficult as this will mostly be controlled by your product, shipping, and Amazon fees.
Meaning you need to do a lot of research to find the best supplier and forwarder which will take some time then compare prices to see the best deal.
And these 2 factors can be easily seen on Amazon. See below for some tips to find what products to sell without tools such as Helium10 or Jungle Scout.
1. Check Amazon best sellers
You can definitely compete with this as some top sellers are there due to them being early on Amazon.
However, be prepared to have a solid strategy and budget to beat them.
The Amazon Best Seller badge is awarded according to sales and only to sales.
Amazon Best Sellers are precisely that: the items that sell the most in a category.
Here you can check demand but this isn’t a good place to check profitability as you’ll find a lot of cheap products here that sell thousands of units per day at low cost. Especially consumables.
Find bestsellers that sell at are more than $15 above.
2. Type in the search bar some words without completing the phrase and see what the top phrase is. Press enter and see products that come up
- Do this with other possible phrases and other word combinations.
- If you see many sellers selling your ideal product
- And, have at least 300 reviews above with your different phrase combinations then that product has some demand
- Then, check the average prices of the top 20 competitors and make sure your product, shipping, customs cost, etc don’t exceed 30% of the average price of your top competitors
You can further confirm the best sellers in Alibaba if you notice that a lot of suppliers have hundreds of thousands of “transactions”.
So, this is further indication that this product has good demand.
Also, to check if this is profitable, get a quote and check if your total cost per unit is a maximum of ⅓ of the average price of the top competitors.
Let’s say the average price of the top competitors is $20 then you need to make sure that your product, shipping, and total landin cost is just around $7.
This isn’t a strict standard but a good reference to have.
YWith Google Trends you can check:
- The demand for the product
- Check if the product is just a trend as you can see data way back from 2004
- You can check other similar terms below and check the popularity as well. If you see “Breakout” instead of a percentage, it means that the search term grew by more than 5000%.
Just type some broad terms and see that there’s consistent demand for the product.
Amazon has a guide on its page. You can also find more information in our article here: https://amzwhisperer.com/amazon-fba-calculator/
We hope we answered your question on which type of products should sellers sell on Amazon in 2022.
We worked hard on this post so if you like our content we’d highly appreciate a comment or share. Thank you!
Please put this information at the bottom of ALL the articles.
“Get advice on what products to sell, how to increase sales and profits, and more. Book a FREE consultation using the link below 👇👇👇.
Get huge discounts on awesome tools you need to succeed on Amazon using our affiliate links below: